Monday, February 18, 2013

Real Techniques Brushes in Canada Soon?

Hey everyone!

I'm being bored on a holiday Monday, and when not wasting time on tumblr, I've been wasting time randomly searching things on the internet. One of those things was the Real Techniques makeup brushes, designed by one of my fave makeup artists Samantha Chapman (check out my other faves here), and are made by the same company that make EcoTools.

Anyway, I saw this one website claiming that Real Techniques will soon be available in Canada! At Walmart! Has anyone else heard this? Does anyone know if this is ACTUALLY true? And if so, is there a date, or will I have to go to Walmart everyday, now? lol.

I've heard mixed reviews about these brushes, but they seem like they might be pretty good quality, are cruelty-free, made with synthetic Taklon bristles, and sold at a reasonable price!

There are 2 brush sets, a set of 4 face brushes called the Core Collection, and a set of 5 eye brushes called the Starter Set. They also have other brushes, not included in the sets, that are sold individually.

From the Real Techniques website: The Core Collection and the Starter Set




As far as I know, these brushes were only sold online for us Canadians for about $18 USD each, plus whatever shipping charges are, which is a big boourns. (If you are not familiar with the term "boourns", I direct you to this Youtube video).

The set I would probably buy is the Starter Set. Apparently the "base shadow brush" (second from the left in the above picture) is a good substitute for the MAC 217. I don't have a MAC 217, but I've heard a lot about it, and if I ever see a sale at the MAC site, I'm going to buy one. I need to wait for a sale, because at this point, I can't justify spending $30 on one brush, even if it's worth it!

From the MAC website: The MAC 217 Blending Brush



Please somebody, ANYBODY! Let me know if you've heard or seen that these brushes are in Canada :)
Also tell me your opinions on the comparison with the MAC 217!

If I see or hear anything else, I'll give you guys an update!
UPDATE: Check out my update post: Real Techniques Brushes in Canada Soon! (Updated Feb 27, 2013)

Thanks for reading!

Check out my current FREE GIVEAWAY: 500 Pageviews Giveaway! (Ends Mar. 18, 2013)

2 comments:

  1. this is true! however im not sure which walmarts they are sold in. Im from the Ontario GTA Area close to brampton i went to one and they didnt have it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I FINALLY saw the Real Techniques at Walmart today! But they only had the Starter Set...boourns. I did pick it up, though! I'll do a post on the brushes soon :)

      Delete