Monday, February 11, 2013

Claire's Mini-Haul (Makeup and Other Stuff)

Hey everyone!

So today I went to the mall...yay! LOL. There was a clearance sale at Claire's, so I thought it would be fun to show you my mini-haul of products :)


I don't usually go into Claire's, since I feel like I'm a bit old for most of their stuff, but I do like to peek inside as I walk past it. For those who don't know, Claire's is an accessories store that sells mostly jewelry and trinkets, but they also have hats and scarves and things like that, as well as some makeup. Anyway, for some reason, today I decided to go in, and they had all "redline" items (A.K.A. items previously marked down in red pen) for 10 items for 10 dollars. This deal was for items originally priced at $11.50 or lower. For 10 bucks, I couldn't pass that up, even if I might not use half of the stuff.

I'll just go through the items and also tell you what the prices are individually, but since I bought 10 items, they were all only $1.00 each! Yay for cheap stuff!

Here are the items from my mini-haul! Hope you enjoy!

1. Claire's Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow
Originally $6.25 CAD, marked down to $3.09.


This is the item that made me take a closer look at their clearance rack/shelf thing. Too bad there weren't any other shades to choose from, since these are actually pretty pigmented and smooth. I love that bronzey colour in the middle! (See swatches below).



2. Claire's Cosmetics Makeup Kit
Originally $8.50 CAD, marked down to $4.19.



This is actually kind of nice, with the fake jewel things on it, even if it IS made for teenagers!


This has 9 eye shadows, and I didn't realize til I got home, but it also opens up to reveal a mirror AND a blush? and highlighter? or maybe they're just 2 highlighting eye shadows? I'm not sure, but for the $1.00 price, you can't really go wrong.

Eye shadow swatches
All the shadows are shimmery and have surprisingly not-bad pigmentation. The best colours are probably the light blue at the top left and the goldish-green on the right in the middle row.

Oh, further reading of the ingredients shows that it's a blush and a highlighter in that second section.

Blush and highlighter swatches
After trying some of the shadows out on my eyes (these and the baked shadows), a primer is necessary so the colours show up better, and to prevent creasing.

3. Claire's Cosmetics Two-in-One Tinted Lip Balm in Jelly Bean
Originally $4.00 CAD, marked down to $1.99.



There were 2 other colours in this lip balm, but I'm not sure what their names are. One was a orangey-red with a yellow heart, and the other was a lavender with bright pink heart. The lip balm is kind of shakey inside the tube, so hopefully it doesn't fall out or anything...But it goes on pretty nice, like a typical lip balm, and leaves a subtle pink tint on my lips.

4,5 and 6. Claire's Cosmetics Nail polish
Originally $8.00 CAD each, marked down to $3.99.



These were the only colours they had, and from the pattern on the lid/handle I thought they might be like those crackle-coat nail polishes, but they're not. Which is good (for me, anyway).

Honestly, I'd be kinda pissed if I bought these at the original price of $8.00. Although the pink glitter polish is not bad, it had some weird dark goopy bits near the top. Other than that, I think after two coats, it gives a nice look. The black and white polishes, however, weren't as good. They're a bit more matte than regular nail polish and they leave a lot of streaks (really noticeable with the black polish). Unless streaky nail polish is a trend that I haven't heard about? The one good thing about these, is that they dry really quickly, like within a minute.


This is after 2 coats, so a 3rd coat might have fixed it. Also, please forgive my weird looking fingers and terrible nail painting. It's just to get an idea of the colours, anyway. I also tried the glitter on top of the colours. It looks good on the black with one thick coat, and just okay on the white. Another note: The glitter polish on its own chips off pretty easily.

7. Spoiled Rotten Oil-Free Face Wash
Originally $11.50 CAD, marked down to $5.69.



On the bottle it says: Gently purify and balance skin while clearing away the day's grime, whatever your skin type. Your face will be so squeaky clean, no one can dig up any dirt.
It's a typical clear liquid cleanser from what I can see.

8 and 9. Snowflake and Hello Kitty Earrings
Snowflakes originally $7.25 CAD, marked down to $3.59.
Hello Kitty originally $5.00 CAD, marked down to $2.49.



Not quite sure why I picked up the Hello Kitty Earrings. I have a problem. AND, now I notice that one of the Hello Kitty earrings has a weird dip under the bow (not really noticeable in the picture, though). Oh well, I guess it was only $1.00...and I'll probably never wear them. LOL.

10. Cute Fuzzy Dog Coin Purse
Originally $9.75 CAD, marked down to $4.79
I just thought this was cute and fuzzy, and I needed one more item to make 10.
It has quite a lot of space, too, so you could maybe use it as a mini purse on its own. MAYBE.


I hope you enjoyed this!
Please comment and let me know what you think of these or other products you've seen! And tell me if you'd like to see more haul blog posts! :)

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Wow great haul! I only go into Claires when they are doing this sale too! :)
    Trying to get 150 followers... Follow me????? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna <3

    ReplyDelete