Friday, January 18, 2013

I JUST got a tumblr account...now what?

Hello interwebz world!

So..as the post title says, I JUST signed up for tumblr!
.

I couldn't think of any clever pictures to represent tumblr. Sorry.

Is it just me, or was anyone else SUPER confused about tumblr when they first signed up?
Silly me, I thought it was just for posting photos with funny captions. Yes, I realize I'm behind the times...

After checking it out, however, I would describe tumblr as a lazy man's blog that combines Twitter and Facebook, but without any privacy. But let's face it, if you're a blogger, or on Twitter or Facebook, you probably aren't too concerned with privacy.

If you're interested, my tumblr page, or blog, or whatever it's called, can be found here.

Here's my favourite tumblr page: #whatshouldwecallgradschool
If you're a science grad student, then you've probably heard of it already, and most likely wasted a few hours of your life because of it.

One tumblr tip I've learned:
To add a link to the sidebar of your tumblr page just go to Customize, then in the description box for your information just put the code

<a href="URL">Link Name</a>

Just replace URL with the actual URL for the website you want to link to, and replace Link Name with the name of the text you want to click on to get to the link.

example: <a href="http://www.theaditiblog.blogspot.ca">Click here for my blog</a>

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Who says that? Jamie Oliver? I can't remember...

ANYWAY...If you have a fun tumblr page that you think I should follow, let me know..or follow me and then I can follow you? I'm still learning. Please forgive me.
OH, and if YOU have any tips for using tumblr please, PLEASE! let me know in the comments! Or on my new tumblr page! lol.

Thanks! And happy tumblring!


1 comment: